Get It Together
Session 2: Own It
Goal: Talk about taking ownership of your identity in Christ.
Fellowship: Have time to talk, eat, and get to know each other.
Pair Up: Ask your eGroup to pair up and spend a few minutes asking each other to:
- Recite Philippians 2:1-2
- Share answers to the Challenge It activity in your notebook.
Get To Know You: After a few minutes, ask everyone to share different answers from the Challenge It activity with
Set It Up:
- Start by asking someone to pray out loud for your time together.
- Ask someone to read 1 Samuel 16:7 and Ephesians 3:16-21 out loud.
- Explain to your eGroup: This week we are talking about measuring our lives by God’s standard, not others’. We will watch a clip from Pastor Steven’s sermon Measuring More and discuss how to change the standards we use to measure ourselves.
Watch It: Watch the sermon clip and encourage everyone to take notes using their Get It Together notebooks.
Write It Down: Give your eGroup 10-15 minutes to answer the questions in their Get It Together notebooks.
Discuss It: Use your answers from the Get It Together notebook and the questions below to facilitate a conversation
with your eGroup:
- What was one concept from the sermon clip or notebook that stuck out to you and why?
- Where do the standards come from that determine why you measure yourself the way you do?
- In what ways do people measure you differently than how God sees you?
- What about how God sees you is most difficult for you to see in yourself?
- What do you want your legacy to be and what needs to change now to make that happen?
Before next time:
- Memorize Philippians 2:1-7
- Complete the Challenge It activity in your notebook
- Watch the full sermon – Measuring More
Close in Prayer