Get It Together
Session 4: Guard It
Goal: Address and establish boundaries to protect the most intimate areas of our lives.
Fellowship: Have time to talk, eat, and get to know each other.
Have the information card out so that everyone can fill them out as they enter.
Pair Up: Ask your eGroup to pair up and spend a few minutes asking each other to:
- Recite Philippians 2:1-9
- Share answers to the Challenge It activity in your notebook.
Get To Know You: After a few minutes, ask everyone to share different answers from the Challenge It activity with
Set It Up:
- Start by asking someone to pray out loud for your time together.
- Ask someone to read 1 Corinthians 7:9 out loud.
- Explain to your eGroup: This week, we’re talking about sex. We’re going to watch a clip from Pastor Steven’s sermon Marry or Burn and talk about how to reset our parameters and protect one of the most important areas of our lives.
Watch It: Watch the sermon clip and encourage everyone to take notes using their Get It Together notebooks.
Write It Down: Give your eGroup 10-15 minutes to answer the questions in their Get It Together notebooks.
Discuss It: Use your answers from the Get It Together notebook and the questions below to facilitate a conversation
with your eGroup:
- What was one concept from the sermon clip or notebook that stuck out to you and why?
- How has your struggle wound up hurting you or your relationships?
- What can you change now to better guard yourself against temptation?
- What did you write down for number 3?
- It’s not enough to write it down and say it here. Who’s going to support you and keep you accountable?
Before next time:
- Memorize Philippians 2:1-11
- Complete the Challenge It activity in your notebook
- Watch the full sermon – Marry or Burn
Close in Prayer