eGroup Introductory Session
- This week’s eGroup discussion focuses on getting to know your eGroup members and setting the tone for what your eGroup is about.
- Two Truths and a Lie: Ask everyone to think of three interesting “facts” about themselves — two true and one false. Go around the room and have each person share. See if the group can guess which one is a lie!
- Never Have I Ever…: Have everyone in the group hold up five fingers. Go around the room and have each person share one thing they’ve never done before. If anyone has done that before, they put one finger down. Go around until one person is left!
- If I Were A…: Ask each person to answer the question and share why they chose their answer.
- A piece of fruit (e.g. I’d be an orange because I’m sweet.)
- A household object
- An animal
- A cartoon character
- A celebrity
How did you get here?
SAY: “I’m excited you’re all here. Everyone needs people in their lives who make them better, and I believe we can be those people for each other in this eGroup. But let’s start with how we got here in the first place.”
- How long have you been coming to Elevation?
- What is your favorite Elevation Worship song?
- What is one of your favorite sermons of all-time? Why?
- How did you get to this eGroup?
What is God teaching you right now?
Now that you’ve gotten to know your eGroup a little bit better, take it a step further.
SAY: “God is always moving in our lives. 1 Peter 3:15 challenges us to, ‘Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.’”
Go around the room and ask everyone in your eGroup:
- What is God teaching you right now? Share a recurring theme, Bible verse, or message you are currently focusing on.
- What are you hoping to get out of this eGroup?
How can we pray for you?
End your eGroup with a time of prayer. Go around the room and have everyone share:
- One thing you’re praising God for right now.
- One way we can pray for you right now.
After everyone has shared, pray for your eGroup.
Dear Lord, thank You for the opportunity to build relationships with each other and to grow closer to You. We lift up each person’s prayers to You and trust that You are faithful and will answer them according to Your purpose. We love You and praise You. In Jesus’ name, amen.