Flip The Bag
We’re in part 4 of the Kingdom Clout series. In your opinion, which is the best movie series with four parts?
- The Bourne Identity (Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum, and Legacy)
- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade, and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull)
- Mission: Impossible (Impossible I, II, III, and Ghost Protocol)
- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay Part 1, and Mockingjay Part 2)
- Ice Age (Ice Age, The Meltdown, Dawn of Dinosaurs, and Continental Drift)
- Shrek (Shrek, Shrek 2, Shrek the Third, Shrek Forever After)
- Jurassic Park (Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Jurassic Park III, Jurassic Park IV)
- Would you rather win $1 million tomorrow or $10 million in 10 years? Why?
- Give the group one to there minutes to write down things that can be “flipped.” The person with the most items wins! (e.g. flip a quarter, house, pancake, etc.)
Ask eGroup members to share their favorite points from the sermon, what spoke to them, a phrase or moment from the sermon they related to the most, or questions they have. If members have a hard time recalling the sermon, talk through your notes and share your favorite points.
Make It Personal
- Before hearing the sermon, who would you have said you most related to in the parable of the talents on the basis of what you’ve been given: the man with five, two, or one talent? Why?
- Read Matthew 25:14-30. The master entrusted and gave something to all three servants, but only two responded “at once.” What stops you from having an “at once” response: comparison, fear, or a belief about who God is?
- What’s an area of your life where you’ve entrusted someone with some resource (e.g., time, money, lessons, etc.)? How did they invest the deposit you gave them?
- It doesn’t matter what or how much we’ve been given, it’s how we multiply it. And we often diminish the deposit God’s given us because we measure it incorrectly. What holds you back from seeing the blessings in your life?
- “You Got A Lot” Exercise: Give the group 3-5 minutes to individually write down a list of blessings in their life. Pass out notecards, sticky notes, or have them write it down in their phone. Talk about how understanding the blessing allows us to be in a position for God to multiply the bags in our lives.
- How can you “flip the bag” (respond immediately to what you have) to something God has deposited in your life?
- Pastor Steven said what God gave you in this season is enough. Read Matthew 7:24-27. What does the passage say about our response to the deposits God has given to each of us?
- Think about a sermon that impacted your life or helped you grow in your relationship with God. How did you “flip the bag” and take steps to either practically apply it or grow in your relationship with God? How did it impact your life?
Act On It
When you see yourself as entrusted, you flip it and your faith increases. Increase your faith this week and “flip the bag” — multiply this sermon and its’ message with others. What are you going to share? Who are you going to share it with? When are you going to share it?
Prayer Requests And Prayer
Ask eGroup members to share any prayer requests they have. Record any notes or prayer requests to pray for members during the week.