I Know The Way
- The Furticks go hiking occasionally — what’s your favorite way to spend a day outside (can be now or when things get back to normal) ?
- Answer these three questions about the last time you were lost: Where were you? How long did it take to find your back? Did anyone help you?
- Which is the correct way to pronounce the following words (write it in the Zoom chat for your group to see):
- Acaí: AH-sigh-ee or ah-KAI
- Flautist: FLOU-tist or FLOO-tist
- GIF: giff or jiff
- Sherbet: SHER-bert or SHER-bit
Ask eGroup members to share their favorite points from the sermon, what spoke to them, a phrase or moment from the sermon they related to the most, or questions they have. If members have a hard time recalling the sermon, talk through your notes and share your favorite points.
Make It Personal
- On a scale of 1-10, how much of a worrier are you? (1 is hardly ever, 10 is all the time) How has this season impacted how much you worry?
- Play “Popcorn” with your group to share times you were worried, but God was with you. (Start by sharing your own memory, then say “Popcorn” and name another group member. They will share, then popcorn to another group member until everyone has shared.)
- Read Psalm 77. (ProTip: You can have the verse ready on your computer or phone and share your screen so the group can follow along.) Which verse do you identify with the most? Which verse encourages you the most?
- In this psalm, the writer starts by focusing on himself and his distress. What are some of the first things you do when you start to feel worried, lost, or confused? How does that affect you?
- In the second part of Psalm 77, the psalmist shifts his focus from himself to God. What would it look like for you to do that in your current situation? (Share where your focus has been lately and where you want it to be.)
- What’s your go-to scripture to help you shift your focus and worship? (Encourage your group to be specific with how it helps them.)
- We don’t have to know the way, because we know Jesus. He is the way. In this season, where are you looking for “the way”? (What are you searching for or wanting the most?)
- You can’t overflow until you’re first anointed. Read Psalm 23 . Which verse speaks to you the most about what you’re searching for — how does it help you shift your perspective? How does it challenge you to seek Jesus in this season?
- Create your own statement by filling in the blanks: “I can’t _____ until I first _____.”
Act On It
Think about your go-to scriptures and sermons, or something that’s been helping you stay focused on Jesus these past few weeks. Share those resources with someone this week and include how they’ve encouraged you and kept you focused.
Prayer Requests And Prayer
Ask eGroup members to share any prayer requests they have. Record any notes or prayer requests to pray for members during the week.
Father, thank You for showing us the way by sending Jesus. During the coming weeks, if we allow ourselves to get caught up in worries of wondering what’s next, we ask that You would remind us that You’ve already provided the way. Help us to make wise choices about what we focus on and remember who You are and how You’ve provided for us. In Jesus’ name, amen.