I’m Still Scared
- What’s the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
- Pastor Steven’s daughter went to him when she was afraid. Who’s your go-to person when you’re feeling afraid?
- What’s an irrational fear you have? (e.g., sharks, clowns, sharks with clown noses, etc.)
Ask eGroup members to share their favorite points from the sermon, what spoke to them, a phrase or moment from the sermon they related to the most, or questions they have. If members have a hard time recalling the sermon, talk through your notes and share your favorite points.
Make It Personal
- Let’s get real. What has scared or worried you the most this week? How did the sermon challenge or encourage you?
- Read 1 Kings 19:1-4. Elijah let his fear drive him. Fear can ride in the car, but don’t let it drive. How have you been letting fear drive you? (How have you let it make decisions for you? Are there any ways you’ve given away your peace?)
- Being scared doesn’t have to stop us from believing, praising, or worshiping. Is there anything you’ve stopped doing in this season?
- Read 2 Kings 6:15-17. We have to redefine faith. Faith is not a lever (God, eliminate what’s making me afraid); faith is a lens (God, illuminate what You are doing). How has the way you see faith changed in this season? Be specific.
- Read Numbers 16:26-32 Joshua, Caleb, and 10 other men reported on what they had seen in the Promised Land. The fear the 10 men felt blocked their faith in God. Something very small can block out something much bigger. What small thing has been blocking your perspective? How has it limited your faith?
- The only way to stop being afraid is to change the focus. Where has your focus been lately? Where does it need to be? (Think back to the story of Joshua and Caleb.)
- More than anything, we need perspective. One way to help our perspective is to be committed to know what we WON’T do and what we won’t STOP doing. Take a few minutes to get a pen and piece of paper. List 2-4 things you WON’T do this week, then list 2-4 things you won’t STOP doing. (Have music ready to play during this time.) Hold up your answers and tell the group why you chose them.
Act On It
Each day this week, take a minute to read 2 Kings 6:17 and use it to help you pray. Pray that God will open your eyes each day to see what He is doing so you can focus on faith.
Prayer Requests And Prayer
Ask eGroup members to share any prayer requests they have. Record any notes or prayer requests to pray for members during the week.
Father, shine Your light in our hearts this week and show us who You are. Show us what it means to believe You are able to do exceedingly above and beyond all that we could ask or imagine. Show us that those who are for us are more than those who are against us. Help us see all the ways You are at work in us and around us so we can focus the lens of our faith on You. In Jesus’ name, amen.