Get It Together
Session 5: Drop It
Goal: Find freedom by taking the first step towards forgiveness.
Fellowship: Have time to talk, eat, and get to know each other.
Have the information card out so that everyone can fill them out as they enter.
Pair Up: Ask your eGroup to pair up and spend a few minutes asking each other to:
- Recite Philippians 2:1-11
- Share answers to the Challenge It activity in your notebook.
Get To Know You: After a few minutes, ask everyone to share different answers from the Challenge It activity with
Set It Up:
- Start by asking someone to pray out loud for your time together.
- Ask someone to read Romans 12:17-19 out loud.
- Explain to your eGroup: This week’s topic is forgiveness. We’re going to listen to a sermon clip from the F-Bomb series and talk about how forgiveness can become the portal to God’s power in our relationships.
Watch It: Listen to the sermon clip and encourage everyone to take notes using their Get It Together notebooks.
Write It Down: Give your eGroup 10-15 minutes to answer the questions in their Get It Together notebooks.
Discuss It: Use your answers from the Get It Together notebook and the questions below to facilitate a conversation
with your eGroup:
- What was one concept from the sermon clip or notebook that stuck out to you and why?
- Who have you been awaiting an apology from?
- How does it affect you to have unforgiveness stored up within you?
- How have you found peace by asking for forgiveness?
- Who do you need to forgive and what’s the first step you need to take?
Before next time:
- Memorize Philippians 2:1-13
- Complete the Challenge It activity in your notebook
- Listen to the full sermon – F-Bomb
Close in Prayer